Vacancy Announcement for Agriculture Officer
Jan 4, 2021
The position is offered a part of the team for RRN’s ongoing project on Smallholders Empowerment by Entrepreneurship (in Agriculture) Development in Dolakha, Nepal (SEED/RRN). This position is required from Mid of January 2021 to other two years. The applicant should be ready to be stationed in the field (Dolakha).
- Develop and implement the agro-enterprises in the project district ( Dolakha) in line of the project contents
- Provide on the spot guidance and trainings to agriculture technicians, Social Mobilizers and farmers on pro-organic farming
- Engage in coordination with local authorities, project stakeholders and project beneficiaries for organized and pro-organic farming and agro-entrepreneurship development
- Responsible to identify potential production clusters and develop interventions and develop value chain plans for agriculture products from the project area
- Facilitate and provide technical support in conducting extension services to farmers, farmers groups, cooperatives and agribusiness and support on those aspects concerned with the production/postharvest handling of agricultural/ livestock products involving public and private service providers;
- Coordinate with private sectors to ensure the supply of improved agricultural/ Livestock inputs to the requirements of project beneficiaries.
- Engage to facilitate the trainings related to agriculture production and post-harvest management at corridor/district level and support in the delivery of those training with concerned stakeholders;
- Be able to produce regular progress reports of the project
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture with at least 5 years’ experience in relevant field. Master’s degree will be preferable.
- Proven skills in agro- enterprises promotion, supply chain development, marketing, and business linkages, delivery of field level extension activities and organizing trainings.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, proven networking, team-building, decision making, organizational and communication skills
- Good spoken and written skill in both English and Nepali and possess good skills in report writing
Interested candidates who meet the requirements, please apply with your updated resume, copy of the certificates and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11 January 2021. Please mention the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone calls will not be entertained
RRN promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from minority groups