Vacancy Announcement for Junior Technical Assistant (JTA)
Jan 4, 2021
The position is offered a part of the team for RRN’s ongoing project on Smallholders Empowerment by Entrepreneurship (in Agriculture) Development in Dolakha, Nepal (SEED/RRN). This position is required from mid of January 2021 to other two years. The applicant should be ready to be stationed in the field (Dolakha).
- Work closely with and in the guidance of District Field Coordinator in planning, developing and implementing of all Income generating on and off farm activities at the district.
- Ensure timely preparation of quarterly/annual plan with targets, budget and timeframe of the activities under the agriculture related activities.
- Conduct household survey (food sufficiency) of the participants beneficiaries/HHs
- Carry out needs assessments on training, seed supply and promotional activities and collect and clean data from field and enter data into database
- Ensure the active participation of poor women, girls, minority, ethnicity & socially excluded groups and disaster affected people in the activities
- Conduct focus group discussions and meetings with organized farmers groups on performance of project
- Conduct field demonstrations, field days, trainings for farmers and stakeholders
- Facilitated to the development of training manuals and promotional material for awareness generation
- Maintain database and records on project activities and accomplishments
- Review and verify data and statistics to ensure quality and validity of results and analysis
- Support to manage timely supply of inputs with improved technologies and skill to farmers groups, self-help groups.
- Ensure effective & timely implementation of approved activities and report from field/ communities.
- Prepare of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports and submit to DFC
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Diploma in Agriculture Science
- At least 2 years’ experience on the improved farming or promotion of Agro Entrepreneurship
- Excellent inter-personal skills, proven networking, team-building, decision making, organizational and communication skills
- 2 Wheeler Driving license will be advantageous
- Applicants from local community and minority groups will be given preference.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements, please apply with your updated resume, copy of the certificates and a letter of interest to email@example.com latest by 11 January 2021. Please mention the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone calls will not be entertained
RRN promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from minority groups.