Gelu and Chisapani VDC of Ramechhap district
|Project duration||June 2015 to June 2016|
|Budget||€ 6,50,345 (NPR 72,500,460)|
|Funding partner/s||BMZ/Welthungerhilfe, Germany|
|Target groups||Beneficiaries from distributions: 8,500 persons (1,700 HH), Beneficiaries from CfW: 750 persons|
Rehabilitation and Strengthening of Rural Structure project was implemented in response to the devastating earthquakes of 25 April and 12 May 2015. The project is aimed at strengthening the resilience of the population in Ramechhap through providing immediate relief, rehabilitation, training, technical knowledge and reconstruction projects. Households of pregnant women, young children, and people with disabilities, elderly people, single mothers and Dalits have been taken into consideration.
- The general objective: To strengthen the resilience of the population;
- The specific objective: To restore and improve the foundations and framework conditions of agricultural production in the project VDCs.
- Households are provided with materials and technical information for the construction of semi-temporary shelters, vegetable seeds and hygiene kits;
- Rural, productive infrastructure in the project area is rehabilitated; and
- Households in the project area have achieved an income through cash for work (CFW) measures.
- 1,700 households received cash for temporary shelter construction;
- 1,913 households received seeds for restoring and improving agricultural production;
- 1,913 households received hygiene kits for health and sanitation promotion;
- 4.10 km rural road and 5.9 km irrigation canal have been upgraded;
- Two community centres have rehabilitated and 17 small mitigation infrastructures have constructed; and
- 40 skilled masons from Gelu and Chisapani are skilled on earthquake resistant building construction.