|Geographic coverage||Eight VDCs of Salyan District (Kaprechour, Kalimatikalche, Kalimatirampur, Nigalchula, Majhkada, Kubindedaha, Laxmipur, Kavra)|
|Project duration||November 2015 to December 2018|
|Funding partner/s||BMZ and WHH Germany|
|Target groups||6,000 HHs|
Improving the Livelihoods of Marginalised Groups in Salyan District project contributes towards achieving SDG Goal-2. RRN, LIBIRD and AASAMAN Nepal are the project implementing partners working on four thematic components: advocacy and good governance on right to food (RtF), sustainable integrated farming system (SIFS), agricultural value chains and nutritional security. RRN is responsible for implementing the project activities and achieving the stipulated results under the first two components.
The project closely coordinates with the district and VDC level stakeholders, capacitates CBOs to engage them in crop production and agricultural income generating activities. The main target group consists of small land holder farmers.
To increase agricultural productivity and income through sustainable integrated farming system and value chain development.
- CBOs are strengthened and capacitated to ensure rights to food by promoting good governance.
- Increased agricultural productivity by adopting sustainable integrated farming system.
- The capacity of 24 CBOs has been enhanced through participatory organisational capacity assessment programme (POCAP) and 8 events of group management and basic book keeping trainings.
- Local service providing agencies have improved their service delivery system after community score card was practiced.
- Awareness on right to food has been raised through 8 advocacy campaigns and training events to CBOs, political parties and government line agencies (195 participants).
- Ten small irrigation systems were maintained with 157 hectors of land area under year round irrigation facility.
- 3,368 farmers have adopted kitchen gardening.
- 65 farmers have started commercial vegetable production.
- 198 farmer leaders were trained on sustainable integrated farming system using the PLA cycle.