The programme covers 2 districts: Bara and Parsa with max. 7 clusters of 5 RMs and 2 Municipalities
|Project duration||38 Months (15,December 2017 to 15 Feb, 2021)|
|Funding partner/s||Delegation of European Union to Nepal (EU)|
3,000 Dalit, and Marginalized Adolescent girls, schoolchildren and children with special needs and together from 3,500 HHs/communities people of 2 programme districts
Lead by Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) in partnership with Protection Nepal and Child Nepal
RRN has started to implement a Human Rights project-“Right Based Education to Empower Dalit and Marginalized Adolescent Girls and Children in Nepal (Girls SAMVAD Programme)” funded European Union (EU), Nepal in Bara and Parsa Districts by engaging local partners-Protection Nepal and Child Nepal. The Girls SAMVAD-Programme is aiming to fulfil overall objective is to “contribute towards fulfilling rights of the girls and children, and materialization of National Strategy to End Child Marriage and National Framework on Child-Friendly Schools in the changed federal context of Nepal”.
- Reduce vulnerability of adolescent girls on child marriage, violence, trafficking and other malpractices through SAMVAD approach.
- Promote a child-friendly environment for adolescent girls and children with special needs.
- Adolescent Girls from Dalit and Marginalized Groups educated and empowered to claim their rights.
- Cases of Child Marriages and Traditional Harmful Practices Decreased.
- Out of School and Drop out of Adolescent Girls and Children from Marginalized Groups Decreased through Advocacy campaign and Economic Opportunities.
- Girls and Disability Friendly Infrastructure in Schools Improved.